Building up vacuum:
- Step 1: Remove the vacuum valve cap.
- Step 2: Make sure the vacuum release ring is at its closed position by turning it clockwise until it cannot go any further.
- Step 3: Connect the hand pump (or BCD low pressure Inflator hose for dual activation vacuum valve 25613, 25623) to the vacuum valve and pump several times until it reaches the target vacuum level. The LED light will turn flashing yellow while vacuum is building up, then steady green when the target vacuum level is reached.
Caution: Please DO NOT attempt to go over the designated vacuum level, i.e. stop pumping when the LED turn green. Excessive vacuum level may lead to the malfunctioning of the camera and lens.
Attention: Although the vacuum indicator is designed to compensate for a certain amount of temperature variation, it is recommended to conduct the vacuum test in an environment where the temperature is stable.
4. Step 4: After the target vacuum level is reached, i.e. steady green light, attach the cap back to the vacuum valve. It is recommended to leave the housing for at least 20mins to ensure it is sealed. If the LED light changes from steady green light to rapidly flashing yellow light, that means there is a leakage and please check every o-ring and conduct the vacuum test again.
5. Step 5: Please ensure that the cap is attached back to the vacuum valve before going underwater.
6. Step 6: Vacuum can be released by turning the vacuum release ring anti-clockwise.
This item is non-returnable, non-refundable, non-cancellable, and may be subject to extended lead times as it is manufactured on demand. We always do our best to meet trip deadlines so please advise us if you have a trip coming up!
After start up:
|Flashing “Blue” light
||Standby mode. The moisture alarm is active, and the system is ready for vacuum indication whenever a vacuum is detected.
|Flashing “Red” light with beeping sound
||Moisture is detected.
|Flashing “Yellow” light
||Some vacuum is detected, target vacuum level is not reached.
|Steady “Green” light
||Target vacuum level is reached.
|Rapidly flashing “Yellow” light
||Vacuum is dropping. (Will occur only after target vacuum level is reached)
|Rapidly flashing “Red” light
||Vacuum is totally lost. Circuit stalled until switched off. (Will occur only after target vacuum level is reached)