The Nikon Z9 Mirrorless Full Frame Camera
Nikon's Z9 takes a divergent step from similar top-level mirrorless full frame systems from Sony and Canon by removing the mechanical shutter altogether. This departure, along with the powerful processor allow for the true no-blackout or 'Real-Live" electronic viewfinder (EVF). With a maximum 3,000nit brightness, the EVF promises an even more natural viewing experience similar to an optical viewfinder. The 'F3' button comes pre-set to remove all overlay data from the EVF for an unobstructed composition-focused workspace. The Z9 is built around a 45.7MP stacked CMOS sensor with exceptional low light performance and 14-bit raw image capture. The ISO range of the Z9 is 64 to 25,600 with expansion possible to 32-102,400. The EXPEED 7 processor features advanced noise reduction to maximize image quality at even higher ISO values.
Nikon's autofocus has seen dramatic improvement with the Z series and Z9 continues that evolution with AF that works all the way down to -8.5EV (with supported lenses) and features advanced 3D subject tracking. Furthermore, the subject detection system can be set to auto-select the subject type such as animals or people. With over 400 points into auto-detect area, this is sure to deliver exceptional tracking across the frame.
The EXPEED 7 processor also allows for 8K UHD 30p internal recording with advanced heat dissipation to prevent overheating with an 8K/60P Raw recording firmware update coming in 2022. 10-bit 4K UHD can also be recorded with full pixel readout or with a 2.3x crop factor, exceptional for getting even more macro magnification. The future firmware update will add 12-bit 8K/60p in either Nikon's RAW format or ProRes RAW HQ. Internal recording is available in either H.265 (8-bit), H.265 (8,10-bit) or ProRes HQ 422 (10-bit) formats to support different workflows. The Z9 is equipped with dual CFexpress Type-B card slots that also accommodate XQD media.
The Nauticam NA-Z9 Underwater Housing
The Nauticam NA-Z9 brings embodies the experience gained by producing professional housings for Nikon's flagship DSLR and mirrorless cameras, blending them to create the most intuitive underwater imaging platform available.
F and Z Mount Compatible
The NA-Z9 uses the N120 Port System for Z-Mount full-frame lenses. When using F-mount lenses, the FTZ adapter is inside the housing which allows for the same port configuration as is found on an F-mount DSLR system such as the NA-D6 or NA-D850. Convenient lens release buttons on the housing for both F and Z mount makes lens changes a snap regardless of platform without having to remove the camera from the housing; only when installing or removing the FTZ adapter.
Essential control are placed within easy reach of the ergonomic handles and easy setup means more time in the water and less time working on your rig. Within easy reach of the ergonomic left handle are finger-actuated levers for the customizable 'Fn1' and 'Fn2' buttons as well as the AF-Mode button. A double thumb lever triggers the PLAYBACK and DISP buttons. On the right side is a double thumb lever for the AF-ON and REC control as well as recessed lever for ISO and a forward placed lever for the 'Fn1' button.
As a true hybrid shooting platform the NA-Z9 is just as comfortable being outfitted to capture video as stills. External monitors and recorders can easily be connected via the large M24 bulkhead which supports both HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 connections.
Premium Professional Optics
The NA-Z9 is built around the extensive N120 Port System that supports a wide range of F-Mount and Z-Mount lenses with a variety of acrylic and optical-glass port options. In addition to standard ports, Nauticam's premium professional water-contact optics deliver the highest possible underwater image quality. The WACP-2, when used with the Nikon Z 14-24mm lenses provides a stunning rectilinear 140º field-of-view and full zoom-through capability with an incredibly natural looking image when compared to a standard rectilinear lens and dome port combination.
What's In The Box
- NA-Z9 Housing with two handles and mount balls
- 90222 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Optical bulkhead caps
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
PDF User Manual
- 25221 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod (for NA-A9/A7RIII/BMPCC/XT3)
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 32211 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 26308 TTL Converter for Nikon (Compatible with NA-D5/D500/D850/Z7/Z7II, Ikelite
- DS-161, Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-D3 Inon Z-240 strobes)
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 26074 M14 Nikonos 5-pin Bulkhead with Micro Connector for Nikon TTL Converter
- 26075 M14 Ikelite Style Bulkhead with Micro Connector for Nikon TTL Converter
- 28123 Pair of handles - size S (10mm closer to housing), 25011 is required.
- 25011 Set of spacers and long screws (for increasing handle distance)
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/1DXIII/D500/D5/80D/A9/R5)
- 17959 Housing Mounting Ball with 1/4'' Screws
- 90222 Housing O-ring (I.D.=220mm, C.S.=4.0mm)
Required for HDMI 2.0 System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25099 M24A2R200-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-a1 to use with Ninja V housing)
Compatible Monitor Housings
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 1 0-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required for HDMI 1.4 System
- 25033 Standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread*
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25100 HDMI (D-A) 1.4 Cable in 200mm length for NA-a1 (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
*25033 included in below monitor housings
Compatible Monitor Housings
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor
Compatible Monitor Mounting System
- 17951 Nauticam Atomos Shogun housing mounting system
- 17954 Tripod plate for NA-A7S and NA-GH4
- 17957 Nauticam Atomos Shogun Housing Mounting Adaptor for NA-S1R/S1H/BMPCC/E2F/R3/Z9(SN from A439736)
- 17960 Universal Quadra-Pod Plate for Nauticam Housings
Ethernet System Accessories
Required for Ethernet Surface Control
- 16281 Housing Lemo Bulkhead with Integrated Ethernet Cable
- 16282 Nauticam Ethernet Surface Cable in 45 meter length
- 16283 Nauticam Ethernet Surface Cable in 5 meter length