Nauticam NA-1DXII, Model Number 17321
Available Now Worldwide
Image taken with a pre-release 1 DX Mark II in Sri Lanka. See more images HERE Nauticam is proud to announce a new underwater housing crafted specifically for the latest Canon flagship full frame digital SLR camera, EOS-1DX Mark II. Canon calls the 1DX Mark II "the ideal tool for any professional image creator." 1DX Mark II is a class leading still photo camera and a professional level 4K video system wrapped in a single body. This is an incredible advantage for an underwater shooter!
The Canon EOS-1DX Mark IICanon Pro camera bodies have an incredible pedigree. Blistering frame rates and incredible low light performance are a given. EOS-1DX Mark II delivers this, and more. Building on the previous EOS-1DX Camera, the Mark II adds several key improvements.
- Newly developed 20.2 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor
- Continuous shooting speeds of up-to-14 frames per second (fps) with Auto Exposure (AE) and predictive AF for viewfinder shooting and up to 16 fps in Live View mode
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors that transfer image data at extremely high speed for extended bursts during continuous shooting – up-to-170 consecutive RAW images at 14 fps. When shooting JPEG images you're only limited by memory card capacity
- Capable of shooting 4K 60P and Full HD 120P video with Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Enhanced wireless functionality (with the optional accessory Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8) that supports the new high-speed IEEE 802.11ac standard and the ability to easily transfer photos and videos to compatible smartphones using Canon's Camera Connect app
- Digital Lens Optimizer to help correct aberrations in-camera (a feature that previously required post-processing on an external computer)
- Improved 61-point viewfinder AF with expanded coverage and all AF-points selectable and supported to a maximum aperture of f/8
- Improved AI Servo III+ predictive AF algorithm for better accuracy
- Continuous red illumination of all AF points within the camera's Intelligent Viewfinder II
- Compatibility with both CF and CFast memory cards for optimal performance and versatility
The Nauticam NA-1DXII Underwater HousingNauticam housings are evolutionary marvels, with advancements from previous systems providing the foundation that new models are built on. The new Nauticam NA-1DXII housing incorporates advances from the Nauticam housings that came before it, but features enhanced ergonomics, more and better control access, and reduced size / weight thanks to cutting edge manufacturing processes. There is clear continuity within the Nauticam DSLR lineup, and this consistency in control layout is something that professional image makers appreciate. Whether using a 1DX Mark II, 5DSR, or 7D Mark II the control access is remarkably similar, and instantly familiar. At first glance it seems that Nauticam engineers have literally thought of everything. The truth is, they just listen. The thousands of Nauticam users, constantly in the field, have thought of everything. The engineering team integrates this user feedback, and the product line gets better and better with every new model release.
Flash FiringThe NA-1DXII Housing comes standard with twin Nikonos flash connectors for electrical strobe triggering. An optional LED flash trigger is available for rapid fire optical triggering (manual power), and a new TTL Flash Trigger enables automatic flash triggering!
New TTL Flash Trigger!
26321 - TTL Flash Trigger for CanonAlongside the NA-1DXII, Nauticam is proud to release a new TTL Flash Trigger. This hotshoe mounted optical flash trigger provides automatic TTL Flash when used with Inon S-TTL and Sea & Sea DS-TTL Strobes connected by fiber optic cables. The TTL trigger also offers manual triggering, including rear curtain sync, with any compatible slave strobe. Accurate automatic TTL flash exposure has been a favorite feature of Nauticam photographers using cameras with pop up flashes, and we are excited to bring this advanced flash control functionality to the NA-1DXII housing! Powered by a single Canon NB-13L rechargeable battery, the TTL Trigger provides approximately 150 full power flashes. Housing Compatibility: NA-1DXII, NA-1DX, NA-5DSR, NA-7DMKII, NA-6D, NA-5DMKIII, and NA-70D Nauticam Housings Optical TTL Strobe Compatibility: Inon S-2000, D-2000, and Z-240 Sea & Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, and YS-01
Patented Port Locking SystemUnveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
Housing Locking LatchesThe industry's easiest to use housing closure system, requiring very little hand strength to operate, secures the housing back in place. The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening, but are easy to open when needed for a quick battery or memory card change.
Multi-controller Pad & Piano KeysLocated within easy reach of the right thumb, ergonomically operates the 1DX Mark II Multi-controller joystick. Full directional control is available, including diagonals, for fast focus point or menu selection. Piano keys, unveiled on the Nauticam housing for Canon 7D in 2009, bring the Quick Control and SET functions out to the housing handle for quick changes.
Mission ControlThe right hand grip features a cluster of key camera controls, all placed ergonomically for fingertip access. Shutter Release, AF-On, Video Rec, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, M. Fn., and ISO are all conveniently located.
Fn and Pv Assignable Function KeysOne of 19 available camera functions can be assigned to this oversized, tactile lever for easy operation.
Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak DetectionCircuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of water tight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25625).
Vacuum System Reset ButtonVacuum system reset button allows the electronic monitoring system to be reset from the port opening, without removing the housing back, for fast lens changes with the security and confidence of constant vacuum monitoring.
Stainless Steel Handle BracketsStiffening handle brackets are included with the housing. These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards or other accessories.
Ergonomic Rubberized GripsAnother legendary Nauticam feature, these rubberized grips have been used every Nauticam DSLR housing release, and are some of the most comfortable in the business.
Clear Control LabelingAll camera controls are clearly labeled, allowing easy identification.
Double Thumb LeversOversized double thumb levers, easily reached from the housing grips, and operational while wearing cold water gloves are a nauticam signature. These levers access AF-On, Video Rec/Live View, Info, and Playback.
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection SystemThe Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-1DXII as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (PN 25625), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
Ease of UseNo system is easier to assemble or break down. The camera drops into the housing with a quick release camera tray. No controls need to be preset, as housing functions for dials and switches align automatically (on/off, af-m, still photo/video). The large 120mm housing port opening allows even the largest popular pro Canon wide angle lens (11-24mm f/4) to be used, and the camera can even be mounted in the housing with this large lens attached.
ViewfindersThe standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a "straight" 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Premium Professional OpticsExperienced shooters know a camera is only as good as the lens in front of it, and the same is true when choosing optics for an underwater camera system. Four optically coated glass dome ports (250mm, 230mm, 180mm, and 140mm diameters) and a series of acrylic ports support popular lenses from Canon, Sigma, and Tokina. Port configurations are extensively tested at Nauticam to determine the ideal extension ring length for best performance. For macro and super macro shooting, the Nauticam Super Macro Converter is a revolutionary accessory. This is an entirely in house design, optimized for use in water. The water contact correction offers the highest overall sharpness, free from chromatic aberration and purple fringing, with reproduction ratios exceeding 2:1 when used with a EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens.
Recommended AccessoriesMagnifying Viewfinders
- 180º Enhancing Viewfinder (32201)
- 45º Enhancing Viewfinder (32203)
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ratio with the popular EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
- M16 Vacuum Valve (25612)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 90mm
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902) or Shogun (17904)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD 502 Monitor (17906)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Canon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Spare Housing O-Ring (90134)
Details and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 3.32 kg
- Dimensions: 366 mm x 247mm x 153mm (W x H x D)
Nauticam is the world's leading manufacturer of innovative and ergonomic imaging solutions. Founded in 2009 by Edward Lai, an underwater photographer with two decades of experience making precision injection molds, Nauticam has continued to raise the bar with every new model release, seeking to provide the absolute best user experience possible. Dealer inquiries are welcome!
NA-1DXII Image Download Link
Dealers in the Americas:
Dealer Inquiries Outside of North & South America:
International Dealer Listing:
Copyright © 2016 Nauticam International Limited, All rights reserved.