The Panasonic LX100II Camera
The LX100II features a big sensor improvement over its predecessor giving its multi-aspect ratio sensor a resolution increase from 12.8 to 17MP. The LX100II can also capture 4K video at up to 30fps with a crop factor of 1.34x. The updated buffer accommodates up to 33 RAW images at a fast 11fps (5.5fps with continuous autofocus), ideal for fast action continuous light shooting. When using the 4K photo burst mode the camera captures 8MP still images at up to 30fps which can be adjusted with post processing to either change the focal point or stacked to create deeper focus images.
Key Camera Specifications
- 17MP Resolution (from 20MP Four Thirds CMOS sensor)
- 24-75mm equivalent F1.7-2.8 Zoom Lens
- 4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1 aspect ratios using selector switch on lens
- 4K UHD video at up to 30p
- 2.76M-dot equiv. electronic viewfinder
- 1.24M-dot rear touchscreen
The Nauticam NA-LX100II Underwater Housing
The NA-LX100II is Nauticam's 18th housing Panasonic cameras and the successor to the NA-LX100 for the original Panasonic LX-100 camera. Nauticam housings for compact fixed-lens cameras are able to to enhance these systems for underwater use through native support for our underwater corrective optics.
Access to essential controls is paramount when capturing underwater images. The NA-LX100II places these controls within easy reach of the shooter's natural hand position when using the housing. The LX-100II's customizable buttons are fully accessible, allowing for the optimization of the NA-LX100II to the user's needs.
Premium Professional Optics
The NA-LX100II features Nauticam's N50 Port System. The housing ships with the N50 Standard Port that allows for full zoom-through capabilities as well as the possibility for attachment of the optional M67 Flip Mount which accepts either the CMC-1 or CMC-2 Compact Macro Converters. With the addition of these corrective optics the NA-LX100II gains the ability to capture true macro images with up to 4.5x magnification for the CMC-1 and 2.8x magnification for the CMC-2.
The Standard Port can be changed in seconds without tools with the optional N50 Short Port with Bayonet Mount that supports the use of either the CMC-1/2 mentioned above with their optional Bayonet Mounts or the WWL-1 Wet Wide Lens wide angle corrective optic with Bayonet Mount. At a 28mm equivalent focal length, the WWL-1 provides an ultra-wide and ultra-sharp 130º field-of-view.
4K UHD VIdeo
The NA-LX100II housing provides direct access to the camera's dedicated record button with a conveniently located red button near the upper right corner of the rear of the housing. The LX-100II can capture UHD 4K video at upt to 30fps but does so with a 1.34x crop. When using the WWL-1 for still images, it is necessary to zoom in to a 28mm equivalent focal length from the camera's maximum of 24mm, however when shooting video the camera can be left at its widest 24mm setting to mitigate some of the lost field-of-view due to the inherent crop factor of the camera.
Easitray and Flexitray System Compatibility
The NA-LX100II provides a compact platform yet can be expanded to accommodate either the Nauticam Easitray or Flexitray systems. The Easi and Flexitray systems provide single or dual handles featuring standard 1" ball mounts for the mounting of lighting or other accessories. The NA-LX100II ships with stainless steel stiffening brackets and shutter release extension for use with these handle systems.
Product Manual Download
NA-LX100II Manual (PDF)
What's In The Box:
- NA-LX100II Housing with N50 Standard Port
- Spare O-ring (PN 90131), lubricant and removal tool
- Set of Allen Keys
- Handle Brackets and Shutter Release Extension
- CR 2032 Battery (for leak detector)
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25132 LCD Magnifier Attachment Rails for NA-LX100/LX100II
- 25106 LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment
- 38703 N50 Short Port with Bayonet Mount (To use with WWL-1)
- 83201 Wet Wide Lens 1 (WWL-1) 130 deg. FOV with compatible 28mm Lenses
- 83214 Bayonet Mount Adaptor for SMC/CMC
- 81301 Compact Macro Convertor 1 (CMC-1, 4.5x Magnification)
- 81302 Compact Macro Convertor 2 (CMC-2, 2.8X Magnification)
- 71206 Easitray II with left handle (with 2pcs 1/4'' screws)
- 71207 Flexitray II with left handle (with 2pcs 1/4'' screws)
- 71208 Adjustable right handle II (for Easitray II &Flexitray II)
ROTARY LOCKING LATCH
An oversized rotary latch seals the housing, and securely locks in place without risk of accidental opening.
Secure Port Lock
The NA-LX100II features the N50 Port System that allows for secure and easy changing of ports to support a variety of corrective optic mounting options.
Direct and easy access to essential controls is the hallmark of Nauticam design. Dedicated dials for aperture and aspect ratio on the NA-LX100II are located within easy reach from the user's natural hand position.
Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is standard equipment ad when combined with an optional vacuum valve, this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe to dive status of the housing.