Sony Alpha a7R IV
The Sony a7R IV is the company's fourth generation, high-resolution full-frame mirrorless camera. The 61.0-megapixel full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor combined with BIONZ X imaging engine delivers unprecedented resolution, fine gradation, and low noise. Relative to previous generations, it promises more robust build quality, refined controls, the company's latest autofocus.
Despite its high resolution, it can shoot at up to 10 frames per second with full autofocus and shoot 4K video either from the full width of its sensor or from a Super 35 crop. It also gains a 16-shot high-resolution mode that can be used to generate 240MP images of static scenes.
Sony Alpha a7R IV Key Specifications
61MP BSI CMOS full-frame sensor
Powerful yet easy-to-use AF tracking system
10 fps burst shooting (12-bit Raw mode)
5.76M dot OLED viewfinder
4K video from full sensor width (sub-sampled) or oversampled from Super35 crop
S-Log 2, S-Log 3 and 'HLG' video modes (8-bit only)
THE NAUTICAM NA-A7RIV UNDERWATER HOUSING
The NA-A7RIV underwater housing provides fingertip access to all key camera controls in a rugged and reliable aluminum underwater housing. Ergonomic camera control access is one of the defining strengths of a Nauticam housing, and the NA-7RIV continues this tradition. Essential camera parameter changes are made from the handles, without awkward reaches.
The NA-A7RIV housing inherits the core design elements from the Nauticam pro DSLR range, and bundles them in a more compact package. A patented port locking lever allows lens changes to be made in seconds. Opening the housing for quick battery and media changes is fast and easy with the locking housing latches. All aspects of the system are a seamless extension of the camera.
New features of the NA-A7RIV include a M24 accessory port for HDMI 2.0 output connection, two more accessory ports on the rear housing: M14 x1, M16 x1 and increased zoom/focus gear ratio on the housing, which means faster and more precision control of the lens for video. There is also a new N100 to N120 35.5mm port adaptor II, (37305) featuring a gear box, for faster zoom and more focus control. NOTE: (37303) N100 to N120 35.5mm Adapter is NOT COMPATIBLE with the NA-A7IV.
New features of the NA-A7IV
- Increased zoom/focus gear ratio on the housing, which means faster and more precision control on the lens for video
- New handle bracket design to enhance the stability of handle control underwater
- New sealing O-ring design for LCD window
- M24 accessory port for HDMI 2.0 output connection
- Two more accessory ports on the rear housing: M14 x1, M16 x1
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- NA-A7RIV Housing with Handles, and Set of Handle Brackets
- Spare Main O-ring (PN: 90120), O-ring remover and lubricant
- CR-2032 Battery (for Moisture Alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Padded Travel Bag with Shoulder Strap
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 26302 Mini flash trigger for Sony (compatible with NA-A7/A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV)
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-A7RIV)
- 25218 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod (for NA-A9/A7RIII/BMPCC/XT3/A7RIV)
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection
Both HDMI 1.4 and HDMI 2.0 are supported with the new M24 accessory port.
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25046 HDMI (D-D) cable in 200mm length (for internal housing connection)
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- (25046 and 25033 are included in NA-058/502H/FHD5/502B-H monitor housing).
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25087 M24D2R200-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7RIV to use with Ninja V housing)
Recommended monitor housing:
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) (Include monitor hood, vacuum valve; exclude HDMI cable)
HDMI 2.0 Support
The NA-A7RIV features the larger-bore M24 bulkhead that allows for the use of Nauticam HDMI 2.0 cables for connection to recorders such as the Atomos Ninja V.
PATENTED PORT LOCKING SYSTEM
Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
Vacuum check and leak detection system
Combined with an optional vacuum valve (PN 25624), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing via a simple color-coded LED lighting system.