Images Taken With NA-E2
The Z Cam E2
The Z Cam E2 lineup is comprised of three models, the namesake E2, the E2C and the E2G.
The E2 is the true powerhouse of the series and features a 4/3" WDR CMOS sensor generating 10-bit color with up to 16 stops of dynamic range. C4K can be recorded at up to 160fps in H.265 HEVC or up to 60p in ProRes as well as Z Cam's ZRAW partial-debayer raw codec. A MFT lens-mount means the E2 can be used with a variety of open-source lenses from Panasonic, Olympus and Sigma.
Key Camera Specifications:
- 4/3" WDR CMOS sensor
- MFT Lens Mount
- 10-bit C4K at 160fps
- ProRes 422HQ or ZRAW (partial debayer)
The Nauticam NA-E2 Housing
The NA-E2 sets the standard as the lightest and smallest raw-capable cinema housing ever produced. Nauticam has been a leader in cinema housings with offerings for RED, ARRI, Canon, PhantomFlex, Sony and now Z Cam.
The NA-E2 uses the N85 port system, shared with Nauticam's other MFT platform cameras which allows for easy transition to the NA-E2 from other MFT Nauticam systems. The N85 system also provides access to Nauticam's line of professional premium optics such as the WWL-1 and CMC-1/2.
A dedicated record lever is located on the right side of the housing within easy reach of the adjustable ergonomic handles. 1/4"-20 size mounting threads are located on the top and bottom of the housing for easy mounting of cinema accessories.
The E2 supports Sony NP-F series batteries and the NA-E2 matches this compatibility up to and including the FP-970.
As with the NA-BMPCC2, the NA-E2 allows for the internal mounting of a Samsung T-5 SSD drive as recording media making the transition from capture to edit seamless.
The Z Cam E2 requires an external monitor and Nauticam produces several options for both SmallHD and Atomos monitors. The NA-E2 features both an M28 and two M-16 bulkheads supporting both HDMI 2.0 (M28) and HDMI 1.4 (M16) connections.
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25079 M28A2R210-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-GH5V/E2 to use with Ninja V housing)
*a dedicated positioning cable clamp for 25079 is required
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 16243 HDMI A-D Cable in 0.5m Length for RED DSMC2/C200/EVA1/E2 (for internal connection)
- 25033 standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- (25033 is included in NA-058/502H/FHD5/502B-H monitor housing).
Recommended monitor housing
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor (with HDMI 1.4 input support)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
*With camera firmware 0.87, the maximum recording format for Ninja V with 25079 HDMI 2.0 cable is 4K30P.
What's In The Box:
- NA-E2 Housing
- 90133 Housing O-ring, lubricant, O-ring remover
- CR2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum system)
- Padded Travel Case
- Allen Wrench Set
PDF Manual Download for NA-E2 Housing
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25217 Mounting Ball Set for Tripod
- 17959 Housing Mounting Ball with 1/4'' Screws
- 16506 Conversion Kit for E2C to Use in NA-E2 Housing
- 25101 M67 flip diopter holder for M67 macro ports
- 25103 M67 flip diopter holder for M77 macro ports
- 25108 M67 Double Flip Holder for M67 Macro Ports
- 25109 M67 Double Flip Holder for M77 Macro Ports
- 83213 M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter
- 83215 M77 to Bayonet Mount Converter
- 81201 Super Macro Convertor 1
- 81301 Compact Macro Convertor 1 (CMC-1, 4.5x Magnification)
- 81302 Compact Macro Convertor 2 (CMC-2, 2.8X Magnification)
- 83201 Wet Wide Lens 1 (WWL-1) 130 deg. FOV with compatible 28mm Lenses
Patented Port Locking System
Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
Mission Control Design
Nauticam engineers are driven to make the housings as easy and intuitive to insure you don't miss a shot. The dedicated record lever is placed within easy reach of the ergonomic adjustable handles.
HDMI 2.0 Support
The NA-E2 features an M28 bulkhead to support HDMI 2.0 output as well as two M16 bulkheads for HDMI 1.4 allowing for the use of a variety of external monitors and recorders.